Sunday, December 5, 2010

Home from the theatre

What's up everyone?

So I'm just home from the theatre now, it's been a pretty busy day! This morning we did a load in of all the sounds equipement (mic's, monitors, etc.) and set it all up.
The cast then arrived at 2 and we had a sitzprobe (essentially, the cast sits and sings along with the orchestra for the first time.)
While the sitzprobe was going on I got to be back in the booth watching our sound guy set up levels and stuff for the orchestra...SO COOL!!! So many buttons and knobs!! :)

I realize after writing that entire paragraph that a good majority of you (who am I kidding, that's totally wishful thinking on my part that people OTHER than my friends and family are reading this blog...)have no idea what show I'm talking about...

Well ladies and gents, the show is "White Christmas". The program I'm in at St. Lawrence College is mounting "White Christmas" as it's December show at the Brockville Arts Centre and we are LESS than a week from openening night (Thursday evening to be exact...).
Although I am in fact in the musical theatre program I have decided to go a different route with my career and pursue the technical side of theatre (more specifically Stage Management). I absoulutely LOVE seeing what goes on behind the scenes and knowing that so much of my hard work is being enjoyed by so many. That being said, instead of being onstage for "White Christmas" I am assistant stage managing. I've also been fortunate enough to work on sets and painting (also dabbling a bit in setup with lighting etc.) it has been such an enriching educational experience. I've assistant stage managed (and stage managed) shows before but I feel this time around I've gotten SO much more out of it.

If you're interested in seeing the show, get your tickets QUICK! They're almost all sold out. (Shameless promotion...I know...)Performances are Thursday, Dec. 9, 2010 at 8pm, Friday, Dec. 10, 2010 at 8pm, Saturday, Dec. 11, 2010 at 8pm and Sunday, Dec. 12, 2010 at 2pm. Get your tickets here: TICKETS!!

So, that's my schpiel for today, here's the accompanying Vlog

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Cheers!!

Although  I know I have some kinks to work out...I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment