Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Beauty in the evening...

Good evening everyone!

So, I was sitting here in my large comfy bed just browsing through my long list of different blogs I read. Yesterday, for the first time, I entered a contest on one of them (Cup of Jo). I went back today to see if I had one (and didn't in fact) but stumbled upon the blog of the person who did. Rebecca. I had never seen this blog before, but found interest in the second post I saw on her page. It linked to a YouTube video, THIS ONE to be exact, and I couldn't help but repost this beautiful song by Andrew Peterson called "Dancing in the Minefields". I had never heard of Andrew Peterson or this song but immediately knew I had to pass it along to the readers of my blog.

This song has such beautiful lyrics and made me wonder what comes over someone to write with such power. After reading some of the comments on the video I realized maybe it had more of a christian following then alot of mainstream music (maybe that's why I'd never heard it?) But the song made me think. It distracted me from whatever I was mulling in my mind and made me want to know that feeling he sings about.

Let me know what you think about it. I realize now that this is actually my first post about something I love. Wow...It's only taken me about a week! 

In any case, I hope you all had a lovely day, I'm off to an early slumber before my long day of (voluntary) and (in)voluntary classes.

Cheers!

Although  I know I have some kinks to work out...I am me.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful song -- I would like to hear more of his music - alot of talent!!!

    ReplyDelete